Tuesday, October 14, 2008

so i moved 4 hrs from home away from everyone i know.. and started nursing school!
sitting in a class sucks, not working sucks too.. house is nice, propety is great, view is fantastic... landlord is ticking me the hell off! first he was around all the time, very annoyng..and now still things need to be done, and he cant be found?! grrr...

i need to MOVE. like exercise..badly.. i signed on at the school last wk to be able to use the gym. then my excuse was no laundry, needed to wash workout clothes..so i finally did that today (laundry mat since landlord hasnt put my stupid w/d in despite lots of promises!)

so no more excuses.

hips have been bothering me...not totally w/ pain but w/ the same issues that brought me into PT to begin with. i had to do a 'health and wellness" goal deal for school so im commited to do my PT stuff now.. i hate that i can make my hip flexors cramp up and my hip feel like its moving around just by shifting my leg a certain way...

i found it interesting when the physical therapist said i wasnt tight at all.. like, i always feel like my hamstrings are amazingly tight.. and she said my "tight" is more than most ppls normal.. weird.

i just read a blog about eds..and she talked about normalicy and not realizing its different or ur different at all...


class keeps talking about physical activity levels and such and if ur family was active and walking and doing stuff, then ur more apt to not hate exercising...

my moms hips subluxate half the time she walks.. her feet are totally jacked up w/ dislocations/sublux's and nerve pain.. among everything else. a trip to the store wears both my parents out.. for like, a week minimum...

i didnt know this wasnt normal till i dated my ex... his folks were active, skiiers, walkers, runners etc.. and it amazed me to see ppl my parents age, doing all this stuff.. it was damn near dumb founding to me.

i didnt know hip issues/shoulder issues/an amazing amount of sprains/twists, weird complications from surgeries (stiches "undoing" themselves internallly) etc.. i didnt knwo it wasnt normal. well i knew some might be considered a lil weird, but i just chalked it up to us. I thought me and mom were just clutzy and accident prone...

till last yr when we found out we have EDS.. and our weirdness has a name. and damn near every single one of our "oddities" isnt particularly odd in that group of people.. amazing.

even more so.. we're doing pretty damn good compared to some! my sister is very "woe is me.." and thinks her life is horrible and she got the short end of the stick.. but compared to some out there, shes doing fantastic...
shed be doing a lot better if she didnt focus on it all the damn time and did something to help try to prevent things from gettin worse perhaps...

things in the nursing program bother me.. they talk about normals and they talk about how ppl should be.... well ya know what..in reality, that ISNT how things always are damnit. it irks me... always has.

i dont want to mention EDS or talk about it much except i still find it facinating and i want to educate.. but i do not want to sound like "oh yea im special or weird"...i dont want focus to be on me, i want it to be on education of EDS and complications tey might encounter w/ pts like us..

and im not.. a wonderful example show-and-tell wise. b/c a lot my stuff is sorta..internal? im more flexible but not amazingly so.. but i can pop my hip out at will, Ohh
another thing lately
my damn shoulder..
its been getting tweaked wrong and then i try to move it and it HURTS and POPS really loud and it feels like things are shifiing WAY too much in there...
iv never had my shoulders checked out...interested to compare to someone without hypermobility to get a feel for what it should be doing and what i shouldnt....

oof i need to goto sleep... sleepy.. enough ramblings tonight.

No comments: